"If you want any part of your life changed, forget about what you're going to do "this year" and begin with this moment." - Unknown, from the Albert W. Daw Collection.
"When we once begin to form good resolutions, God gives us every opportunity of carrying them out." - Saint John Chrysostom (C.345-407) Greek Father of the Church.
"It takes in reality only one to make a quarrel. It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion." - Dr. William Ralph Inge, (1860-1954) English Dean of St. Paul's Cathedral.
“There is no moment like the present. The man who will not execute his resolutions when they are fresh upon him can have no hope from them afterwards; they will be dissipated, lost, and perish in the hurry and scurry of the world, or sunk in the slough of indolence.”
- Maria Edgeworth, (1767–1849) Irish novelist, daughter of educational theorist Richard Lovell Edgeworth
YOU are the key:
“Can you walk on water? You have done no better than a straw. Can you soar in the air? You have done no better than a fly. Conquer your heart; then you may become somebody.”
- This quotation hung above business and motivational author/speaker Og Mandino’s office door at his corporate headquarters.
After considering “TODAY”, I resolve to pay attention to the three “P’s” of business success: PLAN, PREPARE, and PERSEVERE (A fourth “P”, Praying, is essential, in all things.)
“Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest.”
- KJV Bible. Proverbs 6:6-8
“Failure to prepare is preparing to fail.”
- John Wooden (1910–) All-American player at Purdue, coached most ever NCAA basketball champions at UCLA
“If you want to be truly successful invest in yourself to get the knowledge you need to find your unique factor. When you find it and focus on it and persevere your success will blossom.”
- Sidney Madwed American Speaker, Consultant, Author, Poet